Thursday, May 24, 2007

It's Thursday

It's Thursday and I haven't posted? Oh Man.

I'm overdoing it with classwork right now and I need to take a break, but the sitting-in-front-of-the-computer inertia is keeping my ass firmly planted in my seat. Plus I'm digging the super quiet library now that the weird girl has stopped talking to herself for now and that guy's three kids are gone.

But yeah, I'm not actually "thinking" anymore, so sitting here is kind of a waste of time.

I don't have many plans for this week except working on my stuff. I have a 15 pg research paper due in exactly two weeks. The instructor says "this doesn't have to be the best writing of your life", but EVERYTHING must be the best writing of my life.

Right now, however, I need to get out of here and breathe some fresh air.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that I am going to borrow that line from your instructor: "This doesn't have to be the best writing of your life." He/ she must be nice :-)

LavaLady said...

Karen is a WONDERFUL instructor. She did a great job of getting a group bullied by one of their members to assert themselves in the project!

It's a good line - hope it works for you!

And those two documentaries I was watching about a month ago: Capturing the Friedmans and a terrible docudrama about Jonestown. Much better was the American Experience piece on Jonestown from earlier this year. I'm fascinated by Jonestown, and apocolyptic religion in general, but Jonestown is a part of *my* history because I remember when it happened.