Saturday, May 05, 2007

Good Grief

Oh Noes.

So, I mention my insomnia in the last post. I woke up at 11:45 last night and just ended up staying up through the evening and into the morning.

I wasn't feeling too bad until about 3, when I realized that I shouldn't run any errands because I didn't trust myself to drive safely. I'm just too tired. At 4, after a shower which I figured would wake me or put me to sleep, I lay down in bed and *nearly* fell asleep for a couple of hours.

But: my heart is beating so hard (not, I think, literally, it just feels very present in my chest). And I need to tell you this: I have had 1/4 cup of coffee today, 12 hours ago, so I don't think that is it.

Unfortunately, I'm AWAKE but too fried to drive, missing not one but two cookouts, destined to fall alseep on the couch wishing I had cable (or indeed any tv reception downstairs).

This is getting ridiculous! It had better be a fluke! Maybe ice cream will help?

No comments: