Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The one-day-at-a-time plan

There are times when thinking a week out is just too hard for me. It feels like the world is caving in on me and I can't stand it. That's when I go to my one-day-at-a-time plan, and try to stop myself from worrying about tomorrow. It is what lays right in front of me that I will deal with. Today.

This is WAY WAY harder than it looks, because nothing is one day at a time. It's all about the future, and planning, and getting things done so other things can happen.

Today. Now. This is my list of one day things:

Take shower.
Brush Teeth.
Dress.
Return movie to video store.
Buy a few gallons of gas (literally, 3 or so).
Make lunch for my son and his playdate.
"watch" them while they play videogames and such.
Finish watching my current disc of "The Wire".

Things I might do, but don't have to:

Take a nap.
Put away clean clothes.
Organize dirty stuff.
Go to laundromat.
Wash dishes.
Clean dining room.

Once The Man comes home from work, I expect I'll interact with him. He's cooking dinner tonight (yay!), so I'm off the hook there. Good for us all, I say.

No comments: