Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Update for Mid-August

We are officially all moved in and very nearly unpacked. The bathroom is still all kinds of disaster. To top off the other problems, the shower faucet knob broke, so we have to turn the water on and off with a pair of pliers. Classy.

BUT, the kitchen is in cooking order. Last night BF made curry and this morning I'm baking up a Boston Cream Pie, and might attempt some bread later. It's cooled off enough that the oven doesn't heat up the kitchen too much.

Right now the boy and I are waiting on the sofa and loveseat, they should be here within the hour.

Next up in the kitchen is the pastry cream for the pie.

Later on I plan on curling up on the sofa with a glass of riesling.

And when I have some time to myself, I'm going to do some reading. This 'Women of Colour and Beauty Carnival' should produce some really good reads.

UPDATE: ZOMG, the pastry cream turned out so delicious. Why don't I make that stuff more often? Srsly, really, really good.

No comments: