Friday, August 24, 2007

Dinner

Dinner tonight was delicious and vegetarian (Eggplant-pepita enchiladas with homemade red sauce). Still didnt have access to my sauce pans or soup pot, so the sauce was done entirely in the slow cooker and the filling was cooked in a stainless steel bowl in the oven. Let's hear it for making the best of things! The enchilada sauce turned out well, and the whole kit and caboodle was quite delicious (but not very attractive, so no pictures).

I also whipped up a bean salad, which I've been wanting to make since I "discovered" it at a local restaurant. It's a lot like a three bean (sweet and sour dressing) but it's just dry beans, no green or yellow. Served the bean salad with some slices of perfectly ripened avocado, lo que muy rica!

Vegetarian cooking has been on my mind lately because the 12 year old came home from NY as a vegetarian. I think it's funny and then feel bad for not totally respecting him. However, he doesn't cook for himself, so it's a little funny. Gives me a chance to get back in touch with my inner vegetarian.

What's funny is that he's not even having dinner with us tonight!

I'm so beat, this not-sleeping thing is really a bit of a drag.

Oh, did I mention the part where the toilet overflowed and I ended up having to mop the floor and wash all the towels and the rug that got soaked?

Since I'd planned to mop the bathroom today, it wasn't all bad. But still. Also, a great excuse to use my new dryer, which is huge and drys clothes really fast.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Your slow-cooker meal sounds delicious. I will attempt to replicate . . . :-)

LavaLady said...

It was a nice way to cook on a hot day. The combination of eggplant and almonds or pepitas is lovely!