Saturday, July 07, 2007

Dualism

I am happy, in many ways, about many things.
But the opposite could be said as well.

I am hopeful, in many ways, about many things.
But hopelessness often clouds my mind.

I see opportunity, in many things, in many ways.
But sometimes I see nothing but obstacles.




And in this closed-circuit loop of social anxiety and isolation, I feel very very ugly (on the inside).

Still I will try, I will let laughter loose, I will try a smile when I feel I can't do it. But I need to talk about what is going on.




If anyone ever asks me how they can help their friend or lover or son or daughter with depression, I don't know what I will say. Maybe "take them for a walk", or "help them brush their teeth", or "recall a moment between the two of you", or "tell them they deserve to be happy, that you really believe that", or "get informed", or "talk to them" or "don't ignore their genuine requests for help".




Telling everyone that I can that I was feeling depressed, suicidal, scared - that didn't do anything. People trust me, that's what I choose to believe. Not people don't care, but people trust me not to kill myself. They trust me, and I trust me, too. If I didn't I'd swallow my considerable pride and check myself into the county mental health place. But I know my trust may be misplaced, I'd *know* the second I thought about betraying that trust.




So, am I being manipulative by saying this out loud? Because what I am trying to do is let this out. I have too many secrets, secrets which just don't matter to anyone but me, but as long as I hold them in, they work against me. WAIT! I figured it out.


I need to feel safe
I need to feel safe speaking
I need to feel safe speaking my mind
I need to feel safe speaking my mind about EVERYTHING


Because of how things are going right now (stress upon stress, social vaccuum), things which would be 'no big deal' are things I can't stop thinking about. I am feeling incredibly sensitive (especially, oddly, with sound). My appetite is suddenly dead. I am brittle.

This will change.

But right now, this is me.

No comments: