Saturday, May 26, 2007

identity theory | fiction | frank bollinger day by michael agostino

identity theory | fiction | frank bollinger day by michael agostino:

"Frank Bollinger Day

by Michael Agostino
Posted: April 20, 2007

I was desperate to hire somebody, and John Gaines qualified. He aced the test, his resumé oozed with experience, and he was nice, really nice. You get your jittery chatterboxes with sweat dripping from their hands and your head-nodders that make you listen to yourself talk. There are people in between who don't dress well or have dirty fingernails, things you notice. But John was great. He dressed nice, not stiff. Clean and groomed. He answered the questions like he knew what I was talking about. I was put at ease by the way he looked at me and cheerfully commented on my office decor.

He was somebody all right, except of course for the bitter fact that he had been fired from every job he'd listed on his resumé. You've got to think the guy is either confident or nuts."


This is from IdentityTheory.com, which I found in a round about way while looking for information on the author of a book I am reading. I've just looked at a few of their nonfiction stories and I like what I have seen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh -- ha ha ha, this made me laugh. Thanks for posting it.