Saturday, April 14, 2007

There will be NO preview

Luckily none of you are counting on me writing a preview of the films I'm going to see at the Wisconsin Film Festival (which is half over today). Because it is not forthcoming.

What will be is a review of the festival offerings I watched and the festival overall.

My first post will be about the Charles Burnett (which is an American and possibly neo-realist - not sure about how to name the genre) film "Killer of Sheep", which I enjoyed very much.

Yesterday I saw a great documentary from Mexico, "Muxes: Authentic, Intrepid Seekers of Danger", which I also enjoyed very much.

Today we see three films (possibly four if I can talk bf into it and get tix at the door): "Cinematographer Style", "It's Happiness" & "The Cork & Bottle String Band at Ken's Bar" (not sure about the title for that last one).

Just realized that they are all docs (I know the last two are Wisconsonian, not sure of the origin of the first), as is the fourth film I'm hoping to see, "King Corn".

Tomorrow we've got three films on tap, all from Europe, all drama/comedy.

It's going to be a fun weekend.

Right now I've got to shower and get dressed as our first film of the day is nearly upon us!

No comments: