Monday, December 11, 2006

Mumzes Sticky Chicken

7 year old has Pnuemonia! Luckily caught early and not too bad, he's on anti-biotics (which he hasn't had for at least 2 years if not longer) and should be ship-shape by next Monday.

He got his first xrays today and I realized how unquestioning I am when it comes to medical procedures. It's not that I'm not a skeptic, but that I still have a lot of trust in medical procedures without giving them much thought. Of course, that doesn't count the doctor who barely looked at him 6 weeks ago (when, perhaps, his pneumonia may have been prevented by proper treatment). I didn't trust her cursory examination of him, but since he wasn't *VERY* ill, it was more an annoyance.

In this case I thought xrays were a wonderful idea. The doc had him do a nebulizer treatment which was very helpful, examined him twice and had xrays done before prescribing him anti-biotics. Today's more thorough examination and positive doctor performance reminds me to be more vigilant and insist on good health care.

In other news, as he recuperates on the couch I'm working on my paper (okay, I was working on it until the cooking smells reached me) and making up a batch of Mumzes Sticky Chicken. I made these a month or so ago with bf one weekend and have been craving them since. It's a simple, sweet sauce poured over chicken wing "drumettes" and it's plenty tasty. The aroma as they cook is really wonderful and I can't wait to try them again.

Now it's time to get back to the paper. I'd been hoping to slam out half of it today, but for now I'm going to accept 3 pages and up tomorrow's output by three. I figure if I can get the first draft done by Wednesday morning I can edit on Friday and have it all done and pretty by Monday.

Okay, now I have to get the rest of my notes into my Word document and go decorate the tree with the boys!

No comments: