Saturday, August 12, 2006

Java Cat



My seven year old is kind of spoiled*. It's easy to take him out to eat, and he's got this crazy sweet tooth. For some reason I let him indulge in it way more than I ought to. Perhaps because I was so strict for such a long time - and honestly, both of my kids are not horrible eaters, most of the time they are quite good.

We've been going to Java Cat at least once a week lately. I've discovered their dark roast, which I just realized yesterday is what I've been buying to use at home (Just Coffee's MayaSuperDark, which is yummy and smooth). Until I started drinking their dark roast, I was thinking of not going anymore. I am NOT a fan of their regular coffee. It is just BLAH. But the atmosphere is nice, and the bakery is tasty [and well priced, as are their other food items].

And we found out you get a small dish of gelato free on your birthday.

* I told him this yesterday and he was offended, as he had a right to be. It was unfair of me to say. He's not spoiled, it's more that he's lucky (or unfortunate, depending on your perspective) and gets what he wants sometimes.

No comments: