Sunday, June 25, 2006

In progress

Comic arteest Lynda Barry had a great thing in one of her (old, pre-Ernie Pook) books about eating out of a can over the sink with a REALLY NICE SPOON. I relate to that, definitely. This weekend's eating can be boiled down to a pan of crispy rice squares and lukewarm coffee. I've got all of these random food-related things I'd like to write about here, my new French Press coffee maker, for one.

The coffee is so good - I can taste so many differences from my single-cup cone filter set up. Less bitter cup, but oddly less-strong, too. Maybe I just use too much coffee for the other method?

The coffee I'm using is mostly odds and ends from previous bags. A little Alterra Delta Mud, some Alterra Luna Negra, and the new stuff, a 'mud' blend from local brewers Dancing Grounds.

Template is in progress, as is my final word on what autonym will be.

No comments: