Monday, March 02, 2009

Life and other events

My life is fairly boring these days. All of my "real" friends live far away, and I have a hell of a time making new friends now. Sigh.

So everyone and their mother has told me I ought to volunteer for something. Yesterday I looked up our local United Way volunteer line and sent out an email to the one thing I thought would provide me with human contact while not actually being scary or difficult. We will see how that pans out.

On February 28 I made a pact (with myself) to try something new for March. I'm not going to say what it is until I either:
  1. abandon it
  2. finish it
I don't want to jinx it. That's all I'm saying.

Another thing I'm looking at this month is my physical health. In many ways I am healthy. But I think I have lost some lung capacity and definitely lost muscle tone from my sedentary lifestyle.

Ugh. Oh well. I'm working on it.

No comments: