Friday, March 06, 2009

Books read in 2009: #7 Following Foo (the electronic adventures of the Chestnut Man)

I have to say that I found this book challenging to read, for a few reasons.
There were parts I had to skim, sections of the book I really didn't read, but I did hang on until the end, so I consider it "read".

Better known for his acting (on Law and order as resident Psych guy, as well as numerous theatrical and film rolls), B.D. Wong's account of the birth of his children (and the loss of one soon after birth) is at times mesmerizing and at others repetitive.

One of the reasons that I found this book difficult to read is that he includes well wishing email from so many people, it reminded me how small my circle of love and support is, and that just made me feel very sad (I don't get sad much these days, but I cried over this particular feeling).

No comments: