Thursday, January 29, 2009

home again, home again, jiggety jig

So I've been home from the hospital for nearly a week.

Some of it (being back home) is nice, some of it stresses me out.
The new meds I'm taking are great for my mood, but they really stink when it comes to the side effects I'm having. I am even taking a med that counteracts one of my other meds. And I always swore I wouldn't do that. Sigh.

The only huge problem with right now is disorientation and a stumbling/shuffling gate. I can't seem to walk properly. I'm visiting a friend in NYC next week, which is a feat in and of itself. I had wanted to go for months but didn't have the guts to fly/be in a strange place. She said something about doing a lot of walking, and I think I should tell her about this particular side effect.

Lastly, of my side effects: the dryest mouth I've ever had. It makes eating difficult. I've got a phone call out to my nurse to see what she says about that/if there is anything I can do for it. Besides drinking a boatload of water every day.

No comments: