Wednesday, November 05, 2008

And now, the rest of life

Since this blog has been primarily about election stuff for the past couple of months (that and my mental health), I wonder now what I'll be writing about. I'm just about getting post election mental fatigue. I'm a little sick of hearing that having a black prez means America is "redeemed" for slavery (actually heard a guy say that on tv today), or that this is a "post-racial" election.

That's really stretching it. But I'm excited. Funnily, I see Barack Obama as mixed race, not black. And that's me seeing it through the lens of, "I'm mixed race, so he is too." He is obviously very much a symbol for a lot of people, of all colours. Watching the faces of people in Grant Park last night was pretty amazing, and this morning a (white) news anchor on CBS was tearing up after talking to Maya Angelou. It's a little weird.

But good weird.

Off to a medical appt.

No comments: