Sunday, March 23, 2008

Whew, I was angry

I was REALLY angry when I wrote my last post.
And you know what? I'm still angry.

But not so much about GF. It's Bill Clinton I'm angry with, among others.

Because he said this:

"I think it would be a great thing if we had an election year where you had two people who loved this country and were devoted to the interest of this country. And people could actually ask themselves who is right on these issues, instead of all this other stuff that always seems to intrude itself on our politics."


Oh. No. He. Didn't.

Oh yes, Lavalady, he did. He did! Yes, friends, he went there.

And where, you ask, is there?

It's the place where they keep the original race card.

He played it, hard.

"Once we get that boy out of the way, we'll be able to focus on what is important"

ZOMG.

What I find interesting is that the main thing people seem to get out of this quote is that Clinton was "questioning" Sen. Obama's "patriotism". But what jumped out at me immediately was that he was saying, "we won't have to worry about RACE in the race anymore," while also, perhaps, taking a swipe at Sen. Obama. It was a two-fer, I guess.

Many people won't see it as I have, I know. But Gottdamn, Bubba, you lost what little respect I had left for you with that statement.

So, yeah, I'm still a little angry, but I gotta remember, what got me so fired up in
the first place were the words and energy of the Obama campaign.

And I'm gonna keep that audacious hope in my heart.

No comments: