Monday, August 27, 2007

I write, therefore I am/Revisiting

Whenever I get discouraged by blogging, I find something which gives me hope or proof that my writing is doing work. Usually it's just doing work for me, but it's work all the same. Sometimes when I feel particularly adrift, I connect back up with something essential by reading my own writing.

Tonight I had cause to visit the archives of this very blog and I found an entry from October 2006 which really touched me. It's a review of sorts, of a documentary by British Actor/Writer Stephen Fry called "The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive".

All day I've caught snippets on the web about Owen Wilson and his alleged suicide attempt. Perhaps that puts me in the mood to revisit the subject of mood disorders. Perhaps it's because I'm thinking of doing some outreach at school around the subject. Who knows.

In any case, I urge you to click through to that entry for some fair writing of mine and a review of a documentary you should watch if you can get hold of it.

No comments: