Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Howling Monkey and the Slavic Soul Party

I've been super got-damn tired the past couple of days and today broke down and bought an 'energy drink' at the grocery store. I am sick of being too tired to get anything done. So I picked up a Howling Monkey Cola (sugar free). It's got a whole bunch of non-cola things in it, like quinine, b, c and e vitamins, iron and zinc... It's actually tasty, kind of a uppercrust cola flavor with lots of lemon. I bet even the sugar-full variety is tasty. Anyhow, I was pleasantly surprised by it's flavour.

Unfortunately, Howling monkey has a very annoying website which appears to be nothing but a flash animation. That's a shame. I wanna know more about Howling Monkey.


And just now I ran across this song by Slavic Soul Party and it got me feeling pretty good, so I had to share it.




Update, after drinking the entire can of Howling Monkey: I have a headache now, but I am wide awake. And to be fair, a headache has been bothering me on and off for a few days. So six of one, half dozen of the other. Also, I'm kind of hungry, which never helps. I'm gonna put some Aleve on top of the H'key and see what happens.

Later I was hoping to drink alcohol - it's incredibly hot out and a frozen cocktail is really tempting (I gotta kill the virus with *something*, right?), but I should probably hold off for one more day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you're going to drink some alcohol, the HMonkey cola is GREAT with Rum!!!

Enjoy!