Thursday, July 26, 2007

I baked a cake!

Today I spent nearly 3 hours baking a cake. I rarely make anything so complicated, but I've been wanting to try out this particular cake and tomorrow is bf's birthday.

I think I'm more excited about it than he is. I *know* I am.

The cake is basically an adulterated pound cake - it's got tonnes of butter (3 sticks), sugar (2 cups brown, 2 cups white), eggs (7), pecans (3+ cups), and bourbon (2 cups!), which was the only liquid.

Because it had so much in it and I was making it in an unfamiliar kitchen, it took a long long time. I baked it a day ahead because it's best after a rest in the fridge for a day or more, and because it's easier to hide from him.

If he read my blog regularly, I'd not bother posting, but he doesn't, so I needn't worry.

The camera is in a box somewhere, if I can dig it up, I'll take a picture of it. I'm looking forward to eating it!

If only I'd planned ahead and arranged a surprise party for him. But seeing as I've done that in the past for someone else's 35th, I figure it wasn't the year for it.

Can't wait to eat that cake!

No comments: