Saturday, June 09, 2007

But if you try sometimes, you just might find...

As you are no doubt aware, you can't always get what you want.

I want oodles of calls, cards and gifts on my birthday, like I remember from the old days (and I know my memory is faulty on that point).

Instead I got serenaded on the last day of Engish class, and afterwards had a nice day with my kids, the lawnmower, a real Wisconsin Friday fish fry, and chocolate cake (and some gifts!).

The boys had to drag bf and I from our postprandial nap - we had cake at 10pm, after which the two old people went back to bed and the sugared up youngsters stayed up watching endless episodes of The Simpsons.

I had a really lovely day, set my already lackadaisical weight loss back a week or two, and feel fulfilled and lucky.

No comments: