Friday, October 27, 2006

Drinking chocolate

If you are into imprecise measurements and chocolate, try this:

1/4-1/2 C Half and Half
1/4-1/3 C Semi-Sweet (or dark) chocolate chips

Put these in a microwave safe measuring cup or mug, heat at 50% for two minutes, stir, heat again at 50% for another minute, stir again. It was tough for me to get the chocolate to completely incorporate last night, but if you mix with a whisk it might work better. I used a spoon.

When it's as melty and incorporated as you can get it, drink!

Liquid chocolate!

Note: I tried this with my favourite semi-cheap brand of chocolate chips and it was a bit harsh going down, but last night I used some belgian dark chocolate chips and it was only wonderful. So good chocolate chips (or shaved/grated/chopped from a bar) are important here.

I needed something indulgent last night, and this hit the spot. I'm going to work on adding flavours (cinnamon and chili, vanilla, kaluha) as the winter comes.

No comments: