Monday, September 04, 2006

Pie crazy

After the blueberry pie I could not stop thinking of other kinds of pie I could bake.

On Sunday morning, bf and I were flipping through cable channels and found Miami Blues playing. It features, among other delights, a vinegar pie (a botched one). So I promised bf I'd bake him a vinegar pie.

Along with the vinegar pie I baked a pecan pie, a pumpkin pie and a savory pie, an egg and cheese pie with peppers.

The vinegar pie is being saved for when bf and I can get together and try it (and I will report on it here). The other three pies have been taste-tested, and are all very tasty.

The pecan (which I am eating right now) is much better after a night in the fridge. I like the custard inside cold.

Funny, I really want more blueberry pie.




Also, Wisconsin apples are FINALLY at the grocery store! Hooray! I started off with a bag of Paula Reds.

No comments: