Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hallucinogen In Mushrooms Creates Universal 'mystical' Experience Hopkins Scientists Show

In the study, more than 60 percent of subjects described the effects of psilocybin in ways that met criteria for a 'full mystical experience' as measured by established psychological scales. One third said the experience was the single most spiritually significant of their lifetimes; and more than two-thirds rated it among their five most meaningful and spiritually significant. Griffiths says subjects liken it to the importance of the birth of their first child or the death of a parent.


I took mushrooms once, and it was a lot of fun. I'm not sure why I never did it again... I'm not big on looking for and purchasing illegal drugs - Man, I miss hallucinogens. First LSD on tonight's episode of House, and now this article. The universe is trying to tell me something, but what?

No comments: